Recipes: Avocado-Baked Eggs
Looking for a tasty new way to make eggs? Mercedes-Benz of Princeton has just the recipe for you, a nutritious (and delicious) combo of eggs, avocado, and more. Keep reading for the details.
Serving Size: 4
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Chopped cilantro, optional
Sliced scallions, optional
Sliced chilies, optional
Warm flour or corn tortillas
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 450°F.
2. Cut each avocado in half and remove the pit. Using a spoon, scrape out the center of each halved avocado so that it is large enough to accommodate an egg (about 1 1/2 tablespoons).
3. Squeeze lime juice over the avocados and season with salt, then place on baking sheet.
4. Break an egg into the center of each avocado. Don’t worry if some of the white spills out as long as the yolk is intact.
5. Bake in the oven until whites are set and yolk is runny, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with cilantro, scallions, and chilies and serve with tortillas.