What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All Wheel Drive?
Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Capabilities
Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-wheel Drive is a state-of-the-art AWD system. With the various 4MATIC® systems, you’ll enjoy expert capability. Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Better handling
- Better fuel economy
- Lightweight drivetrains
Available 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Systems
There are four different versions of 4MATIC® AWD available to Mercedes-Benz enthusiasts in Hamilton, including some Mercedes-Benz AMG® performance vehicles.
- 4MATIC® Variable All-Wheel Drive: This next-generation drivetrain is offered on the Mercedes-Benz B-Class, CLA, and GLA models. With 4MATIC® Variable All-Wheel Drive, you’ll be able to read the conditions of the road and adjust driving behavior in order to switch between front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive.
- 4MATIC® Permanent All-Wheel Drive: Available on a wide range of models, from the C-Class sedan to the G-Class SUV, 4MATIC® Permanent AWD splits power at a 45:55 or 50:50 ratio between axles, depending on the model. This AWD system is able to improve traction and increase stability by sending more torque to the wheel that has the most traction and is spinning the least.
- AMG® Performance 4MATIC® Variable and Permanent All-Wheel Drive: You can find AMG® renditions of 4MATIC® throughout the Mercedes-AMG® lineup. The basic mechanizations of the AMG® renditions of 4MATIC® are similar in nature to the others, but they are enhanced by a multi-disc clutch with AMG® electro-hydraulic control within the rear differential.
Other Signature Mercedes-Benz Performance Features
Now that you know more about all of the Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-wheel drive systems, take a moment to explore some of the other signature Mercedes-Benz performance technologies frequently showcased on models across the lineup. Highlights include:
- DYNAMIC SELECTION: Shift between drive modes with paddle-shifters on your steering wheel, so you can tell your transmission to emphasize efficiency, sportiness, or whatever else your needs might be given your driving situation.
- AIRMATIC® Suspension: This self-leveling suspension utilizes pressurized air to intelligently adapt to whatever road you drive on, optimizing ride comfort no matter the conditions.
- 9G-TRONIC: This transmission is exceptionally responsive and offers nine gear ratios for responsive shifting. In fact, you can use finger-tip paddle-shifters on your steering wheel to toggle between gears.
Test Drive a 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Mercedes-Benz near Mercer County
Feel the raw power of a 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Mercedes-Benz model by scheduling a test drive today. If you’d like to learn more about Mercedes-Benz performance features, don’t hesitate to contact us at our Mercedes-Benz dealership near Princeton. While you’re here, take a moment to explore some of our other Mercedes-Benz guides on technologies like Ask Mercedes, and the Mercedes-Benz SmartKey!