What To Do If You Get A Flat Tire
What to Do if You Have a Flat Tire?
When the unfortunate event of a flat tire occurs, Mercedes-Benz has always made sure our Princeton customers are well-prepared with the ultimate safety and convenience. Your Mercedes-Benz vehicle is either equipped with run-flat tires, a tire fit mobility kit, or a spare tire. Additionally, your model includes a tire pressure monitoring system complete with sensors in each wheel. If your tire is flat, the system will display a tire malfunction warning on the dash cluster. In this instance, you should pull the vehicle over to a safe place on the side of the road. If you don’t know how to change a flat tire, give your roadside assistance provider a call for help, or call the Mercedes-Benz of Princeton service center at (609) 372-5433. Otherwise, you’ll need to follow our steps for how to change a tire.
How to Change a Tire
- Pull over on the side of the road, apply your parking brake, and put your hazards on.
- Then, exit your vehicle on the side away from Hamilton traffic, and identify the tire or tires with a flat.
- To change your tire, you’ll need a car jack on hand, a spare tire, wheel wedges, and a socket wrench.
- First, put your wheel wedges behind each of your wheels.
- Then, use your wrench to loosen the lug nuts from the hubcap of the tire that needs to be replaced.
- Next, place your car jack under the part of the vehicle frame that is right next to the tire you plan on replacing.
- Then, raise your vehicle by about 6-inches by cranking the jack.
- Once it’s raised up, unscrew the lug nuts and remove the flat tire.
- Replace the flat tire with the spare, and tighten its lug nuts by hand.
- Lower the vehicle, and then re-tighten the lug nuts with a wrench.
- Then, check the tire pressure of your spare tire to make sure it’s properly inflated.
- Finally, drive to the nearest dealership for a proper tire replacement, as your spare is usually only rated to last you a few dozen miles of driving.
What Are Mercedes-Benz Run-flat Tires?
OEM Mercedes-Benz tires are designed with run-flat technology. This means that they feature reinforced sidewalls inside of the tire that protects an extra pocket of air. When your tire experiences a flat, your rims will be protected for another 50 miles on Mercer County streets, and so long as you don’t drive at speeds above 50 mph, you should have enough tread to safely drive to the nearest Mercedes-Benz dealership. Run-flat tires save you from having to deal with the hassle of installing a spare, as well as the hassle of having to call for a tow.
Need Help With Tire Replacement or Repair?
Whether you require a tow, you have questions about run-flat tires, or you’d like to explore our selection OEM Mercedes-Benz tires, reach out to the Mercedes-Benz of Princeton tire center! If you don’t have run-flat tires or a spare, and you’re stranded on the side of the road, reach out for Mercedes-Benz roadside assistance! In the meantime, take a moment to explore our service tips for other helpful reads!
More from Mercedes-Benz of Princeton
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz C-Class models are available to Princeton drivers as sedans, coupes, and cabriolets across 6 trim levels. Regardless of which you choose, you can expect all Mercedes-Benz C-Class models to offer you top-shelf features and high-powered engine options. Take a moment to learn more about the 2022 Mercedes-Benz C-Class trim levels. Then, fill…
Are you shopping around Princeton for a high-powered luxury sedan, coupe, or cabriolet? Are fuel economy numbers an important factor in your quest for the best car? Then, take a moment to learn about Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe mpg, Mercedes-Benz C-Class sedan mpg, and Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cabriolet mpg. The C-Class offers impressive performance and impressive fuel…
If you’ve been longing for a high-end and high-tech SUV for your growing Princeton family, consider the new 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLA. The GLA is a luxury compact SUV that offers state-of-the-art interior amenities and thrilling performance capabilities that will enhance your daily travels. How can you expect to pay for this upscale SUV? The…